Mayfield-Graves County Tornado Relief
Volunteer & Donation Opportunities
The Mayfield Long Term Recovery Group Committee is seeking 80-90 organized and empathetic volunteers to be trained in Disaster Case Management to help Graves County residents in long-term recovery from the tornadoes that occurred on December 10.
The group is looking for both full- and part-time volunteers. Catholic Charities will provide free training, supervision and guidance on case management.
Training is required and the first available training will be Saturday, Feb. 12, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
If interested, please contact Danelle Slack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monetary donations for Team Western Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund should be directed to www.TeamWKYReliefFund.KY.gov.
The LifePoint Disaster Response Fund is earmarked specifically for the Mayfield community and allocated to key local organizations that are critical to the community’s recovery efforts. Our parent company LifePoint Health is currently working with the city to understand the areas of greatest need and will identify specific organizations to support through donations to this fund. Please be sure to put “Mayfield community” in the “honorarium” section of the website.
Things needed – Graves County Schools (based on current inventory)
- Monetary Donations (see information above)
- Batteries for flashlights
- Hand warmers
- Propane heaters & propane
- Kerosene heaters & kerosene
- Toys (coloring/activity books, board games, etc.)
- Cardboard boxes
- Trash bags
- New Undergarments / Socks
- Plastic Totes
- Clothing Detergent
- Handheld can openers
- Bubble Wrap
- Check school websites and social media for specific school community-related needs
Things needed – Mayfield Independent Schools (based on current inventory)
- Blankets/Pillows/Sheets/Pillow Cases (not used, please)
- Inflatable Mattresses (all sizes)
- Batteries (all sizes)
- Small Tools (screwdrivers, wrenches, tape measures, etc)
- Large Tools (for use by school district) Batter powered drills, impact wrenches, screwdrivers, etc)
- Manual Can Openers
- Totes with lids or suit cases(for people to collect belongings they might be able to salvage)
- Gallons of water (for those trying to stay in their homes without water/power)
- Extension Cords
- Tarps (all sizes)
- Gas Cans/Gas (for generators)
- Non Perishable food items (Specific Requests have been pickles, flour/corn tortillas, canned chicken, soups, crackers, chips, sweets, fruit (bananas in particular), coffee, creamer and sugar/sweetener)
- Baby Food/Formula
- Bottles/Nipples/Sippy Cups
- Diapers/Pull ups/Wipes (really low on larger sizes 5, 6, etc)
- Toys/Games/Books/Art supplies for children of all ages (0-18)
- Socks/underwear/sports bras..new only please, no used (all sizes)
- Shoes (all sizes)
- Toiletries of all types (dry shampoo, lotion, hair brushes, combs and pony tails holders are in shortest supply at the moment)
- Bath Towels/Wash Rags
- Feminine Hygiene products
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Laundry Supplies
- Cleaning Supplies
- Trash Bags of all sizes
- Gift Cards
- Monetary donations that can be used for hotel rooms and other shelter for those displaced
- New/Sealed OTC medications like Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Zyrtec, Tums, etc.
- Cell Phone Chargers of all types
- Battery Packs to charge electronics of all types
- Paper Products (Plates, Cups, Cutlery, Napkins)
- Cardboard boxes we can use to put supplies in for people to get them back home
- Small heaters (that can be run by a generator) or Kerosene heaters with Kerosene.