Mayfield-Graves County Tornado Relief
Volunteer & Donation Opportunities
Monetary donations for Team Western Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund should be directed to www.TeamWKYReliefFund.KY.gov.
The LifePoint Disaster Response Fund is earmarked specifically for the Mayfield community and allocated to key local organizations that are critical to the community’s recovery efforts. Our parent company LifePoint Health is currently working with the city to understand the areas of greatest need and will identify specific organizations to support through donations to this fund. Please be sure to put “Mayfield community” in the “honorarium” section of the website.
Due to the holidays, the volunteers at the warehouse will be going to spend time with their families. All semi loads containing donations, will have to be scheduled through the Graves Co EM Hotline at 270-727-5114, between 8:30-4:30.
With the exception of a few specific items like tarps and extension cords, none of our drop-off sites are accepting donated items at this time. We will let you know when this changes. In the meantime, please note the funds to which you can donate to help the #MayfieldSTRONG recovery effort. Thank you.
- Electric and propane heaters
- Extension cords (15-100 ft.)
- Power strips
- Gift Cards (Mail to the Graves County Health Department, 416 Central Ave., Mayfield KY 42066)
If you have physical items you would like to donate please call 270.883.0072 or email Mayfielddonations@gmail.com.
We are not accepting any type of used clothing.
Large Donation Shipments
If you have large truck shipments of donations you would like to provide, call 502-607-6404 for more coordination information.
Things needed – Graves County Schools (based on current inventory)
- Monetary Donations (see information above)
- Batteries for flashlights
- Hand warmers
- Propane heaters & propane
- Kerosene heaters & kerosene
- Toys (coloring/activity books, board games, etc.)
- Cardboard boxes
- Trash bags
- New Undergarments / Socks
- Plastic Totes
- Clothing Detergent
- Handheld can openers
- Bubble Wrap
- Check school websites and social media for specific school community-related needs
Things needed – Mayfield Independent Schools (based on current inventory)
- Blankets/Pillows/Sheets/Pillow Cases (not used, please)
- Inflatable Mattresses (all sizes)
- Batteries (all sizes)
- Small Tools (screwdrivers, wrenches, tape measures, etc)
- Large Tools (for use by school district) Batter powered drills, impact wrenches, screwdrivers, etc)
- Manual Can Openers
- Totes with lids or suit cases(for people to collect belongings they might be able to salvage)
- Gallons of water (for those trying to stay in their homes without water/power)
- Extension Cords
- Tarps (all sizes)
- Gas Cans/Gas (for generators)
- Non Perishable food items (Specific Requests have been pickles, flour/corn tortillas, canned chicken, soups, crackers, chips, sweets, fruit (bananas in particular), coffee, creamer and sugar/sweetener)
- Baby Food/Formula
- Bottles/Nipples/Sippy Cups
- Diapers/Pull ups/Wipes (really low on larger sizes 5, 6, etc)
- Toys/Games/Books/Art supplies for children of all ages (0-18)
- Socks/underwear/sports bras..new only please, no used (all sizes)
- Shoes (all sizes)
- Toiletries of all types (dry shampoo, lotion, hair brushes, combs and pony tails holders are in shortest supply at the moment)
- Bath Towels/Wash Rags
- Feminine Hygiene products
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Laundry Supplies
- Cleaning Supplies
- Trash Bags of all sizes
- Gift Cards
- Monetary donations that can be used for hotel rooms and other shelter for those displaced
- New/Sealed OTC medications like Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Zyrtec, Tums, etc.
- Cell Phone Chargers of all types
- Battery Packs to charge electronics of all types
- Paper Products (Plates, Cups, Cutlery, Napkins)
- Cardboard boxes we can use to put supplies in for people to get them back home
- Small heaters (that can be run by a generator) or Kerosene heaters with Kerosene.
At this time, the response effort has sufficient volunteers. To sign up to meet future needs, volunteers should be part of an organized group with a specific mission in mind. Groups should call the Tornado Volunteer Hotline at 270-216-0903 or email information to Mayfieldvolunteers@gmail.com. Please include the number of volunteers in your group, types of assistance you can provide, and times your group can be available. You can also go to the following webpage to sign up: https://surveyhero.com\c\viuf4h7p
If you are interested in volunteering at the state park shelters email email@example.com.
Monetary Donations (most essential for School Family Resource Centers)
- Drop off at any FNB or CFSB Bank location.
- Online donation link through FNB Bank: HERE
- By phone with credit or debit card, reference Graves County Schools
- FNB 1-888-934-2536
- CFSB 1-888-226-5669
- Checks can be mailed to:
- Graves County Schools
2290 State Route 121 North
Mayfield, KY 42066
- Please make the checks out to “Graves County Board of Education” with the memo of “Tornado Relief”
- Graves County Schools
While several individuals have set up Go Fund Me accounts, we haven’t received word on if that will come directly to Mayfield students, so you would need to contact the owners of those accounts to know where those funds are going and how they will be dispursed. The information posted here will be the official method for funds to be sent to us that we know will come directly to our schools and be used for the needs of our students and their families.
To make monetary donations, please follow one of the following steps:
- Visit any CFSB bank and ask to deposit money into the Mayfield Schools Donation Fund ending in 2253
- Mail checks or money orders to:
PO Box 467
Benton KY 42025
Note that the donation is for Mayfield Independent Schools Student/Family Fund
- Current CFSB clients can call their branch to make a phone transfer
- Call 888-226-5669 and a representative will give you information on how to make your donation via other electronic means.
- If you are on Facebook, you can search for “Mayfield Schools Donation Fund” for more information.
- Visit www.givetomayfield.com
For any questions regarding this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We beg you to be careful of scams. There will be many surfacing claiming to collect funds for the disaster, but will not actually be sending it our way. It is fine to check before donating to ensure your money goes where you want it to. If they pressure you to do something online or over the phone, be leery!